Sunday, October 3, 2010

Halloween Week 1

This first Halloween card was inspired by Pals Paper Arts. I decided to play in their challenge this week. You can see it here. Their challenge is to use buttons...which I love!
I also decided to use a sketch from Splitcoast Stampers. I love participating in challenges, it really helps me get that creative bug again.















I got the colors from Stampin' Up!'s new Color Coach (item 121620). It's really helpful when you have one or two colors you want to work with, but aren't sure what to put with it.
I love this card, I think it's fun for Halloween without being a traditional Halloween look!

I also took a Tip from the Pal's Paper Arts blog, use a small sliver of cardstock to thread through your button, to match your colors! So, that's what is threaded through my Old Olive button. Fun, right!?

Supplies
Cardstock: Tangerine Tango (item 111349), Old Olive (100702), Soft Suede textured (119448), Tempting Turquoise (102067), Wisper White (100730)
Ink: Tangerine Tango (111834), Old Olive (102277), Soft Suede (115657)
Stamps: Season of Friendship - tree (111776), Aviary - owl (120462 clear), Teeny Tiny Wishes - sentiment (115370).
Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder (120175), Clear Block B (117147), Designer Buttons - Brights (119747)

Thanks for visiting!
Heather :)

2 comments:

Cards by Gina said...

Such a sweet card! Love that owl in the tree! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week.

Ann Schach said...

Just adorable! I love the embossing, and the owl in the tree is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!